Шукати в цьому блозі

четвер, 10 лютого 2011 р.

Intel AppUp vs Mac App Store

You may think that Apple beat the PC world to the punch when it comes to desktop app stores, with the January launch of the Mac App Store. However, Intel actually unveiled its own AppUp store last year, although you’d be forgiven for missing its less dramatic arrival.

To help raise the Intel app platform’s profile, PC World and Currys are giving away free copies of Angry Birds. As I own the lovely but limited HTC Wildfire, I’m yet to play the game, so figured now’s my chance — and when deputy editor Barry Collins looks over at my screen and sees me faffing about with furious cartoon birds, I can genuinely say it’s for a news story.

But it wasn’t to be.

Back when the Mac App Store launched, I borrowed a MacBook from a colleague, installed the store and started downloading. It was so stupidly easy I accidentally downloaded a paid-for app I didn’t even want.

Compare that to today. I installed AppUp, signed up for an account, and handed over my credit card details. After clicking the “download” button, I was sent to a login page, which keeps bringing up this error:

Intel AppUp

No matter what I try, I can’t even log in, let alone download an app: the only angry bird here is me.

Read more:
http://basictips.6ra.org/
http://denisrondan.6ra.org/2011/02/03/basic-mac-efficacy-tips/

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар